To deepen relationships through spiritual conversations
Business-card sized colorful paper or cardstock
On the colorful paper, write questions for the women to answer. These questions can be related to the class or study, or they can be more general questions that will spark conversation.
Some samples are:
- What is your most recent blessing?
- What is a prayer that was answered?
- Why is forgiveness important to you?
- What is the greatest show of mercy you’ve witnessed?
- What is one of your spiritual gifts?
- Why are you going to heaven?
- What have you done that makes God laugh?
- How would you describe faith? How would you explain grace to a young child?
- What have you learned from our Bible study?
Put prepared cards in a container, such as a basket, piece of pottery, etc. Pass basket around, asking each person to select one without looking at it. (If they look at it and are really not comfortable sharing, allow them to switch with another person or choose another one out of the basket.) Have each person read her card and give her answer.
This icebreaker can give an opportunity for some spiritual discussions and allow your women to get to know each other on a deeper level.
Submitted by Sue, Mt. Vernon, KY
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.