To allow everyone to have a good laugh and get to know each other better.
Tater related gifts (ex. a bag of potato chips, a watch it grow potato, Mr. Potato Head, etc)
Read the story about Taters and then have everyone try to decide what kind of tater they are. Then give each woman a small “tater” related gift after she discovers what type of “tater” she is.
- Some People never seem motivated to participate, but are just content to watch while others do the work. They are called “Spec Taters”.
- Some people never do anything to help, but are gifted at finding fault with the way others do the work. They are called “Comment Taters”
- Some people are very bossy and like to tell others what to do. They are called “Dick Taters”
- Some people are always looking to cause problems by asking others to agree with them. It is too hot or too cold, to sour or too sweet. They are called “Agie Taters”
- Some people will say they will help, but somehow just never get around to actually doing the promised help. They are called “Hesi Taters”
- Some people can put up a front and pretend to be someone they are not they are called “Emma Taters”
- Then there are those who love others and do what they say they will. They are always prepared to stop whatever they are doing and lend a helping hand. They bring real sunshine into the lives of others. They are called “Sweet Taters”
Submitted by Gina Lackey, Marvin United Methodist Church, Boaz, Alabama