So, you are planning a women’s conference. Congratulations! It’s no secret that you’ve got your work cut out for you. And no doubt, you are hoping to draw a multitude of women from the north, south, east and west to attend the event. As such, you are looking high and low for some ideas to guarantee high attendance.
Here’s my tip:
Book Oprah Winfrey.
My tip is to increase awareness of your speaker among your audience. Whether or not your speaker is nationally known, she may still be relatively unknown to the women of your church. Obviously, you are very excited to have this speaker, and you want the ladies of your church to be equally excited. After all, women who are excited about the speaker, will be sure to attend the event. And they will invite their friends to come. And their friends will invite theirs, and voila – you have a well-attended event and women are hearing the life-transforming Truth of the Gospel.
So, how do you acquaint your audience with the event speaker to increase attendance?
Build a strategic introduction plan that incorporates the following initiatives:
- Introduce your speaker at a big reveal. This creates momentum for your scheduled event.
- Conduct a “media blitz” by hanging well-designed event posters throughout your church. Add the event to your church website in addition to weekly bulletins.
- Feature the speaker’s published books in your church library, book club and Bible studies.
- Share her blog posts on your women’s ministry Facebook page or forward them in an email.
- Does she have YouTube videos? If so, consider how you can share them in Bible studies and in social media.
- Encourage your women to follow the speaker on social media and subscribe to her blog. Let the speaker help you! Many speakers have witty tweets and engaging blog posts that will endear your women to them.
- Host a challenge! When a speaker has multiple Bible studies or books, announce that those who complete them all will get to attend a special luncheon with the speaker during the event (if she is agreeable), or something equally enticing.
For any initiative, awareness will get you to 50% of your goal. Therefore, adding these components to your event marketing plan are key ways to ensure higher attendance at your next event.
Share With Us: How have you created awareness for your event speaker?